Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Tankless Water Heater Review



Tankless Water Heater Review

Before Christmas, our water heater quit working. NO HOT WATER! How was I going to take a shower, wash dishes, etc.? We had been talking about replacing our water heater tank with a tankless water heater, but now there was no more talking. My husband ordered ours from Tank the Tank in Florida. It arrived a few days later. He also contacted our local electric company to get an approved company to install it. Now, we have the water heater and the company to install it, we're all set, right? No, the company contracted to do the work sent an employee that had never done a job by himself. He stripped the connection for the hot water and I am without hot water for another week. The company contracted for the job comes back with the boss to finish the electrical part and thankfully the boss was there because the new employee didn't have the electrical at the right voltage.

Now, the replacement water heater has arrived and is now installed. We have hot water, endless hot water. That's right let me say that again, ENDLESS hot water. I love taking hot showers but I did not get to stay long with our old tank water heater. The water would get cold before I was ready to end my shower, not anymore. Before, if I took a shower my husband would have to wait to take his until the water tank was heated, not anymore. He can take his shower as soon as I get out, or the other way around.

Now, what did I do for nearly three weeks without hot water? Well, I had to heat water on the stove. Washing dishes was not a problem but I wasn't sure how I was going to take a shower. I woke up one morning and went through the house looking for something to put hot water in that wouldn't melt or burn me. I found a plastic tub, hard plastic that would not melt. I put it in the tub, boiled water and poured it into the plastic tub then boiled another pot of water. I set the second pot of hot water on a towel by the tub. I added some cold water to the plastic tub with the first pot of boiling water and used a cup to pour the water over my head. I was able to wash and rinse my hair with shampoo and conditioner and take a mock shower. I poured in the second pot of water to the plastic tub and added some cold water and finished rinsing off. When I had all the soap off me I pour the remaining water over my head like a shower. It worked, not as well as a true shower but it was better than a cold shower.

Also, I did not mention. When you purchase a tankless water heater, you may be able to get a rebate from your utility company. We are eligible for that rebate but my husband hasn't done what he needs to do to get that yet. I will let you know what the rebate is when we get it.




This is our water heater.

No comments:

Post a Comment