Thursday, February 28, 2019

Knit Washcloth for Beginning Knitters







What you will need:
Peaches and Creme Yarn (4 ply Worsted Weight 100% Cotton) 56.7 grams
Size 7 Knitting Needles
Scissors
Crochet Hook – for picking up dropped stitches
Row counter – optional
Progress Keeper – optional

Abbreviations:
CO – means Cast on
K – means knit
K2togtlb – means knit 2 stitches together through the back loop (this is the bind off section)
St - stitches

Pattern:
CO (Cast on) 50 st (stitches) using the “knit cast on”
Row 1: K across – means knit across
Repeat Row 1 - 74 more times (75 rows)
BO (Bind off using the elastic bind off) K1, *k1, k2togtbl – repeat across. This means to knit the first and second stitch then knit 2 together through the back loops. Then you repeat from the * to the row. So, you knit 1, then knit 2 together through the back loops to the end of the row. Sew in your ends and you are finished.

Happy Knitting.



10 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! Might want to make me try knitting again . . . when I can find the time - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine. I hope you do, I think you would enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. You make it look so easy! Very informative. I know this will be very helpful for new knitters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to watch! I haven't tried to knit for many years, same with crocheting. Maybe I'll try it again, I know my cats would go nuts after the yarn. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie. I hope you will give it an another try. I think you will enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. This is such a cool video! You're directions are very clear, and the video is great quality. I think it will be helpful for lots of would-be knitters. (You also have the nicest fingernails - your hands look great - and I love your accent. :) The only thing is, is Brutus playing with a ball in the background? I kept hearing what sounds like a playball.)

    Have left a comment and ratings at YT too. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire people who sit, talk and knit. What a great skill.

    ReplyDelete